Saturday, January 30, 2010

God, you're a jerk.

Alright. So I've had plenty of blogs in the past. When livejournal was way cool I had one of those and I just remembered the xanga's. I had like three xanga's at one point, don't really know what I was thinking.

Anyway. I really don't want this to become something where I just rant or cry about my life, which will most likely start happening anyway. The best advice I got from a teacher I had last semester was that people just need to always be writing. I need to start getting into it. So from now on, this is where all that effort is going to hopefully end up.

Before starting to write this today I started thinking about New Years Resolutions. Mostly because I didn't make any this year. Last year I made an entire list with plenty of awesome ideas and plans to make myself a better person and blah blah blah that I probably didn't hold myself to in the end. I really just think New Years resolutions are totally bullshit anyway. Why do "new beginnings" have to start on January 1st? Just because it is the beginning of a new year doesn't mean you can't make yourself a better person when you find out you're an asshole halfway through the year. "I think I'll stick it out and not be an asshole next year."

Well, as it turns out, I found out something that someone who sort of used to be a big part of my life at some point thinks. It hit me kind of hard. And what they are thinking, isn't necessarily true at all. I actually got a little paranoid about myself and thought, "Really?" Then I concluded that it wasn't true. But still. It is lingering in my head. Mostly their ignorance. But REALLY. haha. It's funny how someone that isn't a huge part of your life anymore still has a huge effect. The effect to make you try and change yourself.

One last thing, I guess.

I just read a couple events going on facebook. One being the "One Day Without Shoes 2010". I didn't even click it. I've already seen it a couple times and I really just think it's stupid. I can only imagine that this is to bring awareness about people too poor in third and fourth world countries to afford shoes and to put it into perspective for the people who are privileged so they know what it is like to walk around the world without shoes. Why don't we just skip the part of not wearing shoes and just send shoes to the people without shoes? That way I don't get some disease from walking around the cement and asphalt in the city, because I am almost sure that the dirt wherever these people without shoes live is cleaner than anywhere in any city. So just send some shoes and food and don't walk around in public without shoes. In fact, my day without shoes is going fairly well today. I haven't worn shoes in my bed.


I guess that is all for today. Happy birthday to my brosnake, Ryan.

PS: I enjoy reading now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Writing rules. One of my new years resolutions (ahem) was to write more so I bought approximately 43 Mead notebooks that I'm currently filling. P.S. you may be an asshole but I still like you anyways.

    ReplyDelete